My Pages

Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Few Problems with New House - Classes had to be put on hold

After moving into a new house we have encountered a few problems which has meant I have had to put the classes on hold during May.  First we found out a pipe had been leaking for the past 8 months.  

 All the furniture close to the wall had to be removed.  The wall was pulled down and the pipe was fixed.  For the next 2 weeks we had to wait for the wood to dry (not a great thing as winter has hit).  The wall and 2 door frames have been replaced (that didn’t take too long…. one evening).  We are just waiting on the painter to come in and paint the walls and frames so we can put the house back together and I can start my card classes again.

Along with the disaster in the lounge/dining area we discovered another leak in the main bathroom.  All the grout had to be taken out and the floor left to dry.  Last Friday the tiler came in to replace the grout…. Hopefully the leak has been fixed.  Thankfully this will not affect the running of the classes.